POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Holograms for camouflage! : Re: Holograms for camouflage! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holograms for camouflage!
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 6 Jan 2008 05:25:36
Message: <4780aca0@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> In article <477e910f$1@news.povray.org>,
> nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom says...
>> And the fact that there isn't any 3D hologram projector except on the
>> virtual world on your website :)
>>

> Well, this isn't 100% true now.

Well, when I was doing my final year at uni, one of the professors was
talking about a new 3D TV technology that was "nearly ready to market".
It still hasn't appeared.

There are quite a wide range of technologies out there for generating 3D
animated images. None of them has ever become all that popular. And
certainly none of them enable you to "project" a hologram into mid-air. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/